Monday, August 1, 2011

Church ball at its best

Disclaimer- this post mentions the intensity of certain wonderful people whom I adore.  I mean all I say and I mean it in a completely humorous way. 

Last Tuesday I witnessed what was quite possibly the most intense game of church dodge ball ever played.  I knew going into the game that it could get dirty.  The last time Ryan played Dodge ball at church, he ended up getting knee surgery!  Anyway, as I am newly called to serve with the young women (ages 12-18), I go to youth activities on Tuesday nights.  It was the boys' night to plan so we played dodge ball.  There are many other youth leaders like myself.  I normally only see them dressed in their Sunday best at church each week, but of course on Tuesday nights, everyone dresses in jeans and such.  I'd like to mention a few leaders who got so into the game, I figured an ambulance may be necessary. 


Brother Pike is a man in his early thirties.He's the young men's president.  He is married and has 2 very small children. Brother Pike is normally the most pulled together, kind, spiritual whiz. Dodge ball offered a new side to him. He was a beast! Everyone tried to stay clear of him, but his mad athletic abilities, none of which I was previously aware of, made it difficult to escape from him when he had the ball in his hand. I warned him not to get me because I would be babysitting his toddler and new baby later in the week. I threatened to give them Red Bull, drums, and a new puppy to make his life miserable. He must have forgotten, because he used his cannon-like arm to get me out.......




The next culprit was Sister Rands.  Sister Rands is the Young Women's President.  She was amazing!  She sacrificed her own daughter in the game and was another that we all avoided at all costs!  I love her to pieces.

I have no picture of Brother Payne, but WOW!  He had the most deadly arm of them all and spared no one...not even the newest 12 year old Beehive. 

The final noteworthy adult was the Bishop!  He is the head of our congregation and until Tuesday I had only ever seen him in anything other than a suit once.  He also showed no mercy to his two high school aged daughters. 

All in all it was one the most fun activities I've ever been to and I cant wait for future Tuesdays!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment