Wednesday, March 28, 2012

3rd Trimester? Bring it on!

Hello All!!
We've finally made it to trimester three!!!!!  Baby Girl is measuring in at approximately the size of a small cabbage.....and almost 3 pounds!!!  Yikes!  My belly is ever growing and I had a funny experience yesterday.  I was reading my daily update when I read that by this point most women cant see their legs when they stand and look down.  I thought to myself, "Ha!  I can totally still see my legs!"  When I got up to prove it to myself, I was mortified that I not only couldn't see my legs, but I couldn't see my toes!!!  Later that morning, I mourned the loss of my toes with a bowl of ice cream......it only seemed appropriate.  I am still feeling great, though very tired and having trouble sleeping at night.  It's weird.  I'm not having trouble sleeping because of bathroom breaks, cravings, or back aches; I find myself waking up an hour or 2 after we go to bed wide awake.  And it doesn't matter how early or late I go to bed.  Oh well.  We started our birth class last night and it was a lot of fun!  I won't lie though, when they showed me the size my cervix would some day dilate to, I turned to Ryan and told him I changed my mind.  Ha!  Anyway, Ryan is well, he really is quite the gentleman.  The other day, he made a joke and after I gave him a very dirt look, he said, "So I guess we've made it to the 'it's not funny unless you say it's funny' portion of the pregnancy...."  Well spotted, dear, well, spotted.  My current cravings are for guacamole and fresh lemonade.  yum!  I see the doctor again on Thursday and have to do my glucose test.  The gross, orange, sugary drink is waiting for me in the fridge.....It can't be worse than cough syrup, right?  Also, for those of you who don't already have a testimony of the power of Tums, I have recently been converted.  I've never needed them before now, and I was all too pleased to see 2 women last night at birth class pull a bottle of them from their purses.  Well, I hope all is well with you!!!

Keep the faith!!!
Love,
Brooke, Ryan, and Lovely

1 comment:

  1. If you end up getting tired of popping tums (which WILL happen) candied ginger works great too! The not being able to sleep kind of gets you ready (but not really) to being up all night with the babe. It's crazy how normal your body feels once the little one is out. No more cravings, no more queaziness, just normalsy. It is weird how normal feels when you haven't had it in a long time.

    ReplyDelete