Sunday, March 4, 2012

6 months!!!

Hello All!
Well, it's official, We've hit the 6 month mark!  That's right!  I'm 24 weeks now and Sweet baby girl and I are doing just fine!  Baby girl measures in this week at the approximate size of an eggplant :)  If you haven't already seen, or heard, I finally "popped" and my mother and I couldn't hold off our maternity pants shopping trip any longer.  Truth be told, I may never go back to wearing pants with buttons now that I've experienced jeans with elastic waistbands.  Our baby girl is continuing to be more and more active (a tap dancer like mommy, perhaps?) and this morning, tried her best to expand her room to up under my rib cage......needless to say, her attempt was unsuccessful, but it wasn't for lack of trying.  (ouch!)  I saw the Doctor today and all is still well with us both.  I was talking to my Dad on the phone this morning and he mentioned that my sister was enjoying cake for breakfast......From then on, all I could think about was cake, and on my way home from the Doctor, I had to stop at my favorite bakery and pick up a little treat.  I'm just celebrating the 6 month mark, right?  And while I was walking into the Doctor, all I could think about was Chinese food.  I have a feeling that the lack of significant cravings is about to make a drastic u-turn.....(poor Ryan).  I still HAVE to sleep with a fan on every night and have added a humidifier to the room.  I also officially have been self-diagnosed with "the dropsies"  I have been dropping dishes and pretty much everything else, including thoughts.  Yikes.  But I can honestly say that I still LOVE being pregnant!  And now that I have cute clothes that actually fit, I can look the part too!  I'll have to post a picture of my outfit today on my blog, because I'm all dressed up with no place to go!  For those of you interested in how Ryan is doing (I mean, really, who isn't?), he is taking to fatherhood quite nicely.  He now refers to us as his "girls" and seems very content with the prospect of being outnumbered.  He enjoys talking to baby girl and feeling her move.  He already has big plans to teach her how to change a tire, he insists that she will someday drive a truck, and (in his own words) looks forward to hours and hours of playing "pretty pretty princess" and having frequent tea parties.  What a guy!  The other exciting news is that a friend from church brought over 5 boxes of baby girl clothes which left me weeping with each outfit I held up.  We will have one very well dressed little girl.  I'm a sucker for bloomers and fully intend to put them on my girl every day.  Well, I think this is all for today; I'm hungry and my snack from Deerfield Bakery awaits me in the kitchen.  We love you all and are so thankful you are a part of our lives. 

Keep the faith!!!!
Love,
Brooke, Ryan, and BGC

No comments:

Post a Comment