Monday, July 11, 2011

Camp part 5 Sleepover/Dance

As you have probably already realized, Kids week offers some awesome activities that don't happen other weeks. Another of those is the sleepover. I only have one picture from the sleep over this year, but I can tell you a little bit about it. On Wednesday, we pack up every campers bedding in garbage bags labeled with their names. They are taken, with mattresses to the dining hall and the floor is lined with mattresses and EVERYONE sleeps on the floor. We watch Disney movies and eventually, by some miracle, everyone falls asleep. It's a blast!!! This year, I woke up quite a few times to find Steven had changed positions each time. Sometimes I'd wake up to his feet in my face; sometimes I'd wake up to him crawling over me to get to another mattress. Someone took a picture of us sometime in the morning where I am sleeping and Steven is sitting up above my pillow just chilling. I'm still trying to get my hands on that picture.






Steven's first sleeping position.....right after falling asleep.


The dance is popular every week.  It takes place the night before camp ends.  This is usually the day that the girls all get their hair done and put on their best outfit.  As for the boys, they usually get shaved, and perhaps some gel in their hair.  I've known some male campers to bring their special cologne for the event!



This is Jay and a staff at the dance. 

Jeff and Steven at the Dance

Me and Steven dancing at the dance.

The music got so loud, that we came outside.  Jay and Jeff.

Steven's hair was done especially for the dance.

Steven playing with Jeff's wrist band. 


No comments:

Post a Comment