Friday, July 22, 2011

Ryan's Birthday Part One Wake up/ Lowes

Ryan had a birthday yesterday
Ladies and Gentleman....THIS is what 33 looks like!






This is Ryan's birthday gift from me.  Its a copy of a painting he's wanted for a long time.  Those who know me know that I am terrible when it comes to keeping gifts a secret.  My sister used to sit on me and drop her spit down until it almost touched my face and did so until I told her what my parents were getting her for Christmas.  I've been a pushover ever since.  I can keep important secrets, but gifts, well, I just can't help it.  I purchased Ryan's birthday gift back in May when his mother was in town.  When it was delivered, Ryan was at work, but we had to get it inside, opened to make sure it was the right one and up the stairs under a bed.  The funny thing was, we had gotten manicures and pedicures that day.  It must have been quite a sight watching us do all of this with wet nails! 

By some miracle, I was able to keep Ryan's gift a secret from him until July 21 at 7:15 AM.  By then I couldn't take it anymore so I got right up and gave it to him bright and early!

The only almost-slip-up took place one morning at the breakfast table.  Ryan leaned in close, kissed me, and lovingly asked what I was going to get him for his birthday.....I almost wet my pants.  But somehow I kept it in. 




My parents' gift to Ryan was shelving for our garage so we could get everything organized enough to fit our cars in the garage.  So first thing after breakfast, Ryan wanted to go to Lowes. 




This is me sitting on my only contribution to this shopping trip.....birdseed.  I am a firm believer that on one's birthday is it THEIR day and whatever they say goes.  Ryan wanted to go to Lowes, so I went along too. 


This is Ryan working on his math skills as he figures out how much shelving we need for the garage. 


P.S. it was pretty hot that day so we hit up Jamba Juice after this.  I had a gift card. 

No comments:

Post a Comment