Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Camp Part 6.....Saying Goodbye

All good things must come to an end....and camp is no different.  Although I had the time of my life being back last week, I was thrilled to come home to my wonderful husband, real food, and my normal daily routine.  Having said that, I'll always miss the excitement of camp!

The Twins left first....but I didn't cry.....



We gave each other big honkin' kisses.  Though they were careful to ask first to make sure Ryan would be ok with it.  Such Gentlemen!

These guys were in my very first cabin my very first week of camp, the day after I had graduated High School.  I learned how shower, lift, and feed on these guys.  I could have never done it without them!  These are my brothers. 



Trevor left next.  I've never been so proud of him as I was this past week!  He is working so hard.  He has taught me so much, but the biggest lesson I've learned from him is that with enough hard work, one can do ANYTHING, no matter the circumstances.  We headed over to the tree house for a picture and then he was on his way. 

Every summer when Steven's mom drops him off, I practically beg her to wait as long as she can on Friday to pick him up.  Steven was the last camper from our cabin to leave.  He is a true gift to this world, as are the others.  But Steven has such a special spirit about him that anyone who's spent time with him can attest to.  He lights up a room with his smile. 



This is the last sign I saw as I left camp. 


The old camp sign used to read, "Wonderland Camp, a Special Place for Special People"  It really is true.



I've learned so much from camp over the years.  Not only about caring for people with special needs, but about people, patience, integrity, compassion, unconditional love, and I've also learned a lot about the Lord. 



For more information about Wonderland Camp, how to donate funds, or supplies, or just about how wonderful it is, please contact me. 








1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, reading this post made me soo sad! I miss camp so much and all my kids there, but when you live 1500 miles away and have a baby of your own you can't really justify going. I can't believe how big Brumley is! I'm not very good at keeping in contact with them so I'm sure his mom is a little upset with me, but I still love them! Wish I could have been there!

    p.s...this is totally random, but I had no idea you were married! I just saw it on fb today! =) Congrats...a year later =)

    ReplyDelete