Monday, July 11, 2011

Wonderland Camp 2011 part 1 (the reasons why I went!)

After being involved with camp for 5 summers, I had to take last summer off to get married, (not that I'm complaining).  But I made it a point to do everything I could to get there this year!!

My plan was to go kids week so that Steven, and Trevor would be there.  I planned to stop to see the twins, (Jay and Jeff) in St. Louis on my way home.  Christmas came early when their mom called and said she got them into camp for the week!  I had all of my favorite boys with me!
Here's some background about them



This is Trevor.  He is 16 and he has Prader-Willi syndrome.  If you haven't heard of it, research it; it is fascinating!!

I have been friends with Trev for years!  I love having him in my cabin.  Seeing him this summer was AMAZING!!!  He has been working soooo hard both at home and school and I am so proud of him and all he has accomplished!!!


This is Steven.  Believe it of not, he will be 23 this week!  He has Down Syndrome, and I adore everything about him.  In this picture I had just done his hair for the dance.  I keep in touch with him and his mom throughout the year.  He puts a smile on my face every time I see him, or even picture him. 
 This is Jeff.  He has Cerebral Palsy, and I love him to pieces.  He LOVES country music and wrestling.  Our first summer we did a Tim McGraw/Faith Hill duet for the talent show so he calls me Faith, and I call him Tim.  Definitely a ladies man......



This is Jay.  He has Cerebral Palsy too.  He loves Hockey!  Also definitely a ladies man!!  Jay almost didn't come to camp, but I'm really glad he did!  It wouldn't have been the same without him!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment